* Should we continue to support session in params?
@ 2010-10-03 17:03 James Tucker
From: James Tucker @ 2010-10-03 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

There's an option in the sessions infrastructure to support sessions via params. It's untested anywhere except in the memcache session specs. I'd like to remove it as it's nothing but an optional security hole. I can't imagine anyone using this for anything sane, but I'm checking here in case I'm wrong.

* Re: Should we continue to support session in params?
@ 2010-10-03 17:59 ` Yehuda Katz
From: Yehuda Katz @ 2010-10-03 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Unfortunately, this probably exists to support Flash file uploads, which
can't pass cookies due to an ancient, still unfixed API bug.

Yehuda Katz
Architect | Strobe
(ph) 718.877.1325

@ 2010-10-03 18:07   ` James Tucker