Unfortunately, this probably exists to support Flash file uploads, which can't pass cookies due to an ancient, still unfixed API bug. Yehuda Katz Architect | Strobe (ph) 718.877.1325 On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM, James Tucker wrote: > There's an option in the sessions infrastructure to support sessions via > params. It's untested anywhere except in the memcache session specs. I'd > like to remove it as it's nothing but an optional security hole. I can't > imagine anyone using this for anything sane, but I'm checking here in case > I'm wrong.