From: Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com>
To: quiliro@riseup.net
Cc: Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net>,
	libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
Subject: Re: Were Intellectual Property to be abolished altogether, would you or FSF support it?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:04:03 +0900	[thread overview]

Thank you for all of your replies - I am no legal expert but in framing this hypothesis, the spirit of abolishing the Intellectual Property would perhaps also need to be stated (Legislators probably wouldn't be able to even make a draft without it 😅) and the society will need to be supportive of it.

Otherwise, there will be all sorts of ways to work around the abolition , including never releasing the relevant information to the public.

And yes, trademarks etc - it would be very inconvenient if we couldn't even make unique identifications 😅

And there seems to be a long history for this subject. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_copyright

My original motivation of this inquiry is that my partners and I are in the process of starting an IT-focused 'worker cooperative' where, just like the GPL licensing, there is almost a playful inversion of Capitalistic values.  We will probably need to make software licensing decisions sooner or later and I wanted to get a wholistic view of this matter 😄.

-Yasu

   subject. [1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_copyright