From: Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz>
To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: splice not working correctly
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 13:19:09 +0200

On Dec 23 23:43:13, zsolt.ero@gmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to use split

Do you mean sox, or some splitting functionality of sox
I am not aware of? SoX can split channels, but that's
probably not what you want.

> to mix two slightly different tracks for AB
> testing purposes. I'd like to have 0..5 second from track A and 5..10
> seconds from track B, etc. 10..15 track A, 15..20 track B.
>
> I'd be very important to make sure that it doesn't change the signal
> in any way,

So you can't use splice, as that will change the signal.
Why do you want to splice them, instead of
merely concatenating the pieces together?

> as in if I run it with identical tracks, I'd get back the
> original track.

If the two inputs are identical, then I guess their splice
will also be identical to each of them. But if you simply
concatenate the pieces (interlacing), extracting them back
will give you the original two files.

Jan

      parent reply index