sox-devel@lists.sourceforge.net unofficial mirror
* [ sox-Feature Requests-3609903 ] Waveform Display for SoX
@ 2013-04-03 14:19 SourceForge.net
From: SourceForge.net @ 2013-04-03 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SourceForge.net

Feature Requests item #3609903, was opened at 2013-04-03 07:19
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by m_schumacher
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=360706&aid=3609903&group_id=10706

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would super useful to have the functionality for rendering a waveform display to an image directly in SoX. For me it's often the only 'missing link' when using SoX as an audio editor, as resorting to third-party apps can interrupt the workflow. I don't mean anything sophisticated, just downsampling a waveform and dumping it into an image. Since the functionality for rendering spectrograms is already there it seems it shouldn't be too difficult to render an image of the time-domain data instead? I think this could be useful in a variety of contexts/applications. I'm aware SoX is intended as a command-line tool, but since the spectrogram functionality (which I find very useful) is already there, it doesn't seem to far and would be useful to have. Personally, one of the typical workflows w
 ith SoX in which I have to resort to external applications is to get an idea of the waveform, e.g. for visually finding a loop/cue point, etc. then running a command etc.

Marlon

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=360706&aid=3609903&group_id=10706

Employer Resources Portal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-04-03 14:19 UTC | newest]