ruby-core@ruby-lang.org archive (unofficial mirror)
* [ruby-core:71899] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] [Open] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2015-12-07 10:29 ` ko1
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: ko1 @ 2015-12-07 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been reported by Koichi Sasada.

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11783

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:71903] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2015-12-07 11:47 ` usa
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: usa @ 2015-12-07 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been updated by Usaku NAKAMURA.

Koichi Sasada wrote:
> > nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.

I should note that mswin CI will be given up just after Ruby 2.3 release because I can never keep its cost.

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:71939] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
@ 2015-12-08  6:15 ` duerst
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: duerst @ 2015-12-08  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been updated by Martin Dürst.

Usaku NAKAMURA wrote:

> I should note that mswin CI will be given up just after Ruby 2.3 release because I can never keep its cost.

Does this mean cost of infrastructure (which can be paid for) or cost of your work (which may be very difficult to pay)?

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:71944] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-12-08 11:25 ` usa
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: usa @ 2015-12-08 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Martin Dürst wrote:
> > I should note that mswin CI will be given up just after Ruby 2.3 release because I can never keep its cost.
>
> Does this mean cost of infrastructure (which can be paid for) or cost of your work (which may be very difficult to pay)?

The former.  It costs about $130 per month.

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:72146] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-12-15 13:40 ` takahashimm
From: takahashimm @ 2015-12-15 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been updated by Masayoshi Takahashi.

Hi all,

I'm Takahashi, as mentioned in "Background" section of this ticket.

Koichi Sasada wrote:
> > nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.

I've talked with Yoshida-san at Microsoft Japan to use Azure for Ruby CI, using OSS developer supporting program of Microsoft.
I don't know the program in detail yet, so I'll  ask and write it later.  Please wait for a while.

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:72478] [Ruby trunk - Misc #11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-12-25  8:28 ` ko1
From: ko1 @ 2015-12-25  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been updated by Koichi Sasada.

I made a page: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Donation

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Do you have any idea about Ruby interpreter implementation to do with budgets?

# Background

Now, we are summarizing many contributions from many people, organizations and companies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1sQc40qeuWjF84rVrTmH-ogZ_iNGqU-RUSE8GDlRuk/edit?usp=sharing

(please let me know if you know any other contributes)
(sorry we wrote contributions especially for MRI, because we don't know)

The great recent news is we get new mac mini machine to run CI on El Capitan. We already have a mac mini machine running CI, but on Yosemite. So we can run CI on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

This new mac mini machine was sponsored by YassLab, Japanese small company.

At first, we ask Nihon-Ruby-no-Kai to prepare this machine, and Takahashi-san (chair man of this organization) tweet about it ("anyone can support it?"). Yasukawa-san, the president of YassLab answers "ok, we'll support it".

We learned that if we show requirements explicitly, anyone may help us.
Listing is important.

# Any idea?

Today's developers meeting, we had discussed about that and itemize some dreams.

> nurse: VPS severs for CI are welcome. Especially for Azure.
> ko1: travel fee (1,000,000 JPY?) for hackathon to gather MRI developers in one place
> ko1: physical machines for development and benchmarks (300,000 JPY)
> nobu: development machine (400,000 JPY) because he has several trouble on current machine.
> nurse: icc (and other softwares) to try.
> martin: grant project for MRI development topics
> ko1: education to grow other MRI developer (no estimation)

Do you have any other idea?
I'll show these list at RubyKaigi, and someone may consider to support us.

(IMO, maybe sponsoring nobu's machine is great contribution for Ruby worlds.
 Nobu will put companies logo stickers on his laptop)

Thanks,
Koichi

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

* [ruby-core:92688] [Ruby trunk Misc#11783] Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?
       [not found] <redmine.issue-11783.20151207102955@ruby-lang.org>
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-05-16 21:06 ` shevegen
From: shevegen @ 2019-05-16 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ruby-core

Issue #11783 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

Guido (the creator of python) linked in this at twitter recently, for python:

https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2019-q2-drive/

Perhaps something similar could be done for ruby, in particular right at
the starting homepage at:

https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/

Or like Haiku OS:

https://www.haiku-os.org/

I am not suggesting a 1:1 copy of the idea, but the primary reason for
the suggestion is to make it simpler/more convenient for people to
donate resources to ruby & ruby's development; and possibly indicators.

I would not mind donating at all myself (and I don't care how the donation
is used either), but I would ideally like it to be very simple as process,
and possibly others would like it to be simple too.

Misc #11783: Do you have any idea if you have a budgets?

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)