* Rack-Legacy: A rack handler for serving legacy CGI and PHP scripts
@ 2010-03-26  0:30 Eric Anderson
From: Eric Anderson @ 2010-03-26  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Wanted to post a note about bit of code I have written which assists
the development of apps that have some PHP/CGI code running alongside
Ruby code. It help avoid having to setup and configure Apache (or
whatever your preferred production stack is) just to do development on
a mixed code app. It basically a simple handler that execs the CGI and
puts the results back through rack. In the case of PHP it uses the php-
cgi to do the dirty work.

I have put some basic info and usage up at http://wiki.github.com/eric1234/rack-legacy/.
I welcome others to give a try. It should work under any Rack-
compatible environment although I had to do some adjustments to get it
to work under Rails 2.3.5 (Rails 3.x beta is untested).

This is my first rack module so I welcome feedback. Hope it is as
useful for others as it has been for me.

Eric

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rack-devel+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

* Re: Rack-Legacy: A rack handler for serving legacy CGI and PHP  scripts
@ 2010-03-29 22:17 ` Ross Fairbanks
From: Ross Fairbanks @ 2010-03-29 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Thanks Eric, this is really useful just giving it a try now.  The only
minor install issue I found is on Ubuntu you need to make sure you
install PHP from the php5-cgi package rather than the php5 package (as
it doesn't include the CGI handler).

Ross

@ 2010-03-31  2:41   ` Mat Schaffer
From: Mat Schaffer @ 2010-03-31  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Thanks! I'll have to give the CGI wrapper a try in place of the one I
wrote awhile back (http://bit.ly/dnmApk). Looks like yours might win.
-Mat