* [ANN] uwsgi protocol Rack handler
@ 2010-04-11 18:53 Roberto De Ioris
From: Roberto De Ioris @ 2010-04-11 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Hi all, i have just committed in the uWSGI public repository
a simple Rack Handler for the uwsgi protocol:

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/browser/contrib/uwsgi.rb

It is successfully tested on all the 4 webserver supported by the uWSGI
project (apache2, nginx, cherokee, lighttpd) using rackup

The uwsgi protocol is described here

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/uwsgiProtocol

This handler requires only the Rack module as all the protocol parsing
is done in pure ruby.

I hope this can be useful for someone (i have applied no license on it,
so feel free to modify, improve or discard it)

Bye

--
Roberto De Ioris <roberto@unbit.it>
Unbit

* Re: [ANN] uwsgi protocol Rack handler
@ 2010-04-12  8:38 ` Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2010-04-12  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Roberto De Ioris <roberto@unbit.it> wrote:
> Hi all, i have just committed in the uWSGI public repository
> a simple Rack Handler for the uwsgi protocol:
>
> http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/browser/contrib/uwsgi.rb
>
> It is successfully tested on all the 4 webserver supported by the uWSGI
> project (apache2, nginx, cherokee, lighttpd) using rackup
>
> The uwsgi protocol is described here
>
> http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/uwsgiProtocol
>
> This handler requires only the Rack module as all the protocol parsing
> is done in pure ruby.
>
> I hope this can be useful for someone (i have applied no license on it,
> so feel free to modify, improve or discard it)

If somebody supports it, we can take it into the core tree.
Else, I'd say to move it to rack-contrib.

> Bye
Thanks,
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org

* Re: [ANN] uwsgi protocol Rack handler
@ 2010-04-12  9:30   ` Roberto De Ioris
From: Roberto De Ioris @ 2010-04-12  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Il giorno lun, 12/04/2010 alle 10.38 +0200, Christian Neukirchen ha
scritto:

> If somebody supports it, we can take it into the core tree.
> Else, I'd say to move it to rack-contrib.

I have asked the ruby-guy in my company if it is interested in maintaining it.

He will write to the list his decision ASAP

--
Roberto De Ioris <roberto@unbit.it>
Unbit

* Re: uwsgi protocol Rack handler
@ 2010-04-13  7:51     ` Lorenzo Giuliani
From: Lorenzo Giuliani @ 2010-04-13  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rack Development

Hello,
 as already stated by Roberto, I'm interested in maintaining this
handler, uWSGI is a very nice piece of software and a good alternative
to other rack handlers. I'll be working on it mainly using nginx in
development and apache over the unbit platform.

regards.

--
Lorenzo Giuliani <lorenzo@unbit.it>