* multipart response possible with Rack?
@ 2010-04-19  9:05 Michael Franzl
From: Michael Franzl @ 2010-04-19  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

I would like to generate a multipart HTTP response to a conventional
GET request. For the end user, this will display a web page and
download a file simultaneously. The response should look like the
example below.

Can I do this with Rack?

Thanks,
Michael

     HTTP/1.1 200/OK

     --xyz

     Some text goes here.

     --xyz

     This is text inside of a file.
     --xyz--

* Re: multipart response possible with Rack?
@ 2010-04-20  6:34 ` Konstantin Haase
From: Konstantin Haase @ 2010-04-20  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

* Re: multipart response possible with Rack?
@ 2010-04-20  7:00   ` Michael Franzl
From: Michael Franzl @ 2010-04-20  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

Konstantin Haase wrote:
> I don't think there is a middleware or some sort of helper right now.
> You could try something like this: http://gist.github.com/372122

Thanks for the hint. So I could write a custom Rack middleware to
support that? And I could access this middleware from Rails? Is this
more or less easy to do? Sorry, I am a newcomer to Rack, but I am be
ready to learn it.

> By the way: Do browsers support that?

I tried it, Firefox does. When I remember correctly, IE doesn't.

Michael

* Re: multipart response possible with Rack?
@ 2010-04-20  7:17     ` Konstantin Haase
From: Konstantin Haase @ 2010-04-20  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel