From: Konstantin Haase <k.haase@finn.de>
To: rack-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Rack asynchronous responses with async.callback
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 00:40:03 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi there!

async.callback will never be part of the spec, that's true. But there will
be a completely different spec for a successor of Rack, which will include
first class support for async responses. Howerver, work is going rather
slow on that front at the moment.

At status quo, both Thin and Rainbows support just returning a Defferrable
(or really, anything that responds to both callback and errback) without
the need to an async response, rendering both the async handshake and
async.callback unnecessary. Main issue is other middleware (esp.
Rack::Lint) wrapping the body object in something that does not proxy those
methods.

Konstantin