* Rack asynchronous responses with async.callback
@ 2012-04-16  0:41 P .
From: P . @ 2012-04-16  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rack-devel

I am doing some work with JRuby that may need asynchronous HTTP support.
There doesn't seem to be much documentation about this online, so I did
some digging to see how the existing Rack async servers do things, and
wrote up some documentation for myself.  I thought maybe others would find
it useful:
http://polycrystal.org/2012/04/15/asynchronous_responses_in_rack.html

I also found some posts from a couple years ago implying that
'async.callback' will never be a part of the Rack specification:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/rack-devel/async/rack-devel/fu58paleLJg/frwK57QHNn4J

Is this still the case?  I must say I'm a bit disappointed by this
discovery, but I don't fully understand all the issues (in particular, my
documentation above ignores interaction with middleware).