* Lei exception
@ 2024-03-13 15:35 Gonsolo
From: Gonsolo @ 2024-03-13 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hi!

Since a few days I'm getting the following error when running "lei up --all":

10770 lei2mail 1 (nshard=3) 8b214638a3a05e3d9f2345a632a5eed0de7f9ab6:
Exception: Document 22720 not found at
/usr/share/perl5/PublicInbox/LeiSearch.pm line 68.

Is there anything I can do?

Best regards

* Re: Lei exception
@ 2024-03-13 19:20 ` Eric Wong
       [not found]   ` <CANL0fFSMQ1YL1a8PEpU39pYQ7d6vmmndughvJVue=SWNYNdqGQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Eric Wong @ 2024-03-13 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonsolo; +Cc: meta

Gonsolo <gonsolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since a few days I'm getting the following error when running "lei up --all":
>
> 10770 lei2mail 1 (nshard=3) 8b214638a3a05e3d9f2345a632a5eed0de7f9ab6:
> Exception: Document 22720 not found at
> /usr/share/perl5/PublicInbox/LeiSearch.pm line 68.
>
> Is there anything I can do?

Which version of public-inbox is this?  It looks like 1.9 based
on the line number[1].

Any info you can share about the queries you use?  (https, local
public-inbox clones).

I've seen it a few times in the past, but IIRC couldn't reliably
reproduce it and haven't seen it in a while.  I'm always running
latest <https://80x24.org/public-inbox.git>, though, and that
has numerous reliability improvements over 1.9.

In any case, there's no mail data loss from xsmsg_vmd, only
metadata (missed flags) and I think it could've been a data
synchronization problem that was fixed in public-inbox.git.

[1] Running "lei sucks" should show all relevant version info.  The blob OID
    for LeiSearch.pm would certainly help confirm that.

* Re: Lei exception
       [not found]   ` <CANL0fFSMQ1YL1a8PEpU39pYQ7d6vmmndughvJVue=SWNYNdqGQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2024-03-14 14:46     ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2024-03-14 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonsolo; +Cc: meta

please keep meta@public-inbox.org in the Cc:

Gonsolo <gonsolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Which version of public-inbox is this?  It looks like 1.9 based
> > on the line number[1].
>
> Package from Ubuntu/Debian.
>
> lei 1.9.0-1 (Ubuntu)

<snip>

>   936c275178dfc6908577487ce97d3a83c58c5449 PublicInbox/LeiSearch.pm

OK.

> > Any info you can share about the queries you use?  (https, local
> > public-inbox clones).
>
> lei edit-search:

<snip>

> [lei "q"]
>         include = https://lore.kernel.org/all/
>         external = 1
>         local = 1
>         remote = 1
>         threads = 1

OK, yeah.  I seem to recall problems with http(s) externals
being racy and made more reliable with the use of OnDestroy
callbacks in public-inbox.git

> > I've seen it a few times in the past, but IIRC couldn't reliably
> > reproduce it and haven't seen it in a while.  I'm always running
> > latest <https://80x24.org/public-inbox.git>, though, and that
> > has numerous reliability improvements over 1.9.
>
> Ok. Maybe I'm going to ping the Debian maintainer.

No, please don't ask Debian maintainers to package unreleased
versions.  The non-lei feature: codesearch, is not ready to be
supported in a 2.0 release.

The only good news is 2.0 will probably be the last release
involving large data model additions/changes.

* Re: Lei exception
@ 2024-03-15 17:36       ` Gonsolo
From: Gonsolo @ 2024-03-15 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

> please keep meta@public-inbox.org in the Cc:

Ok.

> No, please don't ask Debian maintainers to package unreleased
> versions.  The non-lei feature: codesearch, is not ready to be
> supported in a 2.0 release.
>
> The only good news is 2.0 will probably be the last release
> involving large data model additions/changes.

Ok. Thanks. I'll just wait for 2.0.