 help / Atom feed
* how's memory usage on public-inbox-httpd?
@ 2018-12-01 19:44 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2018-12-01 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta; +Cc: Konstantin Ryabitsev

I haven't been around much, so not working on public-inbox means
fewer restarts :x

On my 2-core VM, I've been noticing public-inbox-httpd memory
spikes into the 500MB range, which is gross...  It seems caused
by slow clients and large threads/mbox downloads.  The PSGI code
only loads one email per-client in memory at-a-time when using
-httpd; but that adds up with many clients and larger messages.

I run two -httpd workers, one-per-core, but also varnish and an
experimental Ruby/C reverse-buffering proxy (yahns) for HTTPS.

The problem seems to be varnish isn't reading from -httpd fast
enough (and I lack CPU cores), but decreasing the niceness of
varnish seems to help with the problem...

only message in thread, back to index