* notmuch (was: [RFC] ssoma-mda: Use the email subject ...)
@ 2014-10-27  0:55 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-27  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: W. Trevor King; +Cc: meta

"W. Trevor King" <wking@tremily.us> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:57:40PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> > I wonder if it is better for public-inbox/ssoma to use (the already
> > available) Xapian Perl bindings directly; likely using the notmuch
> > configuration of Xapian as a guide.
>
> I'm not going to stand in your way, but 98% of what you need is
> already in notmuch.  I'd suggest seeing how long it takes me to write
> those patches, and how well they are received upstream, before
> dropping notmuch.

Thanks for considering this.  Both approaches are valid, with notmuch
improvements probably being more useful for local archives by ssoma
users[1]

For the public-inbox web interface, notmuch currently has no Perl
bindings; but Xapian bindings have been available in GNU/Linux
distros for ages.

(I would use a Perl git library, too, but I don't think any of them
 are that mature, yet)

[1] part of me also wants a ssoma FUSE bridge to allow seeing
    archives as Maildirs, too.  Not sure how to handle message
    flags, though...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-10-27  0:55 UTC | newest]