* Google Keep Libre Fork
@ 2017-08-18 15:42 Andri Effendi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andri Effendi @ 2017-08-18 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libre Planet, World

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 666 bytes --]

Dear Free Software Community,

Does anyone know of an existing Fork of Google Keep that doesn't rely on
Google?

I would like to create my own own, that I can use Sync Thing or some
other decentralized alternative to for keeping my notes.

Apparently Google Keep is "Open Source" as refer to it when you go on
their website.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.
Sent with GMX - Email Made in Germany

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: 0xAC24DF73.asc --]

* Re: Google Keep Libre Fork
@ 2017-08-18 16:02 ` Pen-Yuan Hsing
From: Pen-Yuan Hsing @ 2017-08-18 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 18/08/17 16:42, Andri Effendi wrote:
> Dear Free Software Community,
>
> Does anyone know of an existing Fork of Google Keep that doesn't rely on
> Google?
>
> I would like to create my own own, that I can use Sync Thing or some
> other decentralized alternative to for keeping my notes.
>
> Apparently Google Keep is "Open Source" as refer to it when you go on
> their website.
>
> Kind Regards,
I don't know if there is a fork of Google Keep, but I am aware of two
libre replacements that might be of interest: Standard Notes [1] and
QOwnNotes [2]. AFAIK they are both 100% libre software stacks that you
can self-host. Would they fulfil your needs?

[1] https://standardnotes.org/ (git repository:
https://github.com/standardnotes)
[2] http://www.qownnotes.org/ (git repository:
https://github.com/pbek/QOwnNotes)

* Re: Google Keep Libre Fork
@ 2017-08-18 19:12 ` scottworley
From: scottworley @ 2017-08-18 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andri Effendi; +Cc: Libre Planet, World

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 03:42:00PM +0000, Andri Effendi wrote:
> Dear Free Software Community,
>
> Does anyone know of an existing Fork of Google Keep that doesn't rely on
> Google?
>
> I would like to create my own own, that I can use Sync Thing or some
> other decentralized alternative to for keeping my notes.
>
> Apparently Google Keep is "Open Source" as refer to it when you go on
> their website.

Google Keep is not Open Source (or Free Software).

* Re: Google Keep Libre Fork
@ 2017-08-19  6:08 ` Sibi Kanagaraj
From: Sibi Kanagaraj @ 2017-08-19  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andri Effendi; +Cc: Libre Planet, World

Hi ,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear Free Software Community,
>
> Does anyone know of an existing Fork of Google Keep that doesn't rely on
> Google?

You can have a look at this .
https://github.com/FSFTN/Librenote
https://github.com/rajanand02/librenote

@ 2017-08-19 12:04   ` Andri Effendi
From: Andri Effendi @ 2017-08-19 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libre Planet, World

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies.
I will certainly check them out.
If you have any more ideas please let me know.

Kind Regards,