From: Connor Doherty <cnnr_dhrty@live.com>
To: "libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org"
	<libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
Subject: Re: GPLDL.com - Hottest archive for Premium GPL-licensed WordPress Themes & Plugins
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 20:29:06 +0000	[thread overview]

Web. They mean the Worldwide Web. People tend to conflate the internet with the web.

While the web wouldn't "stop working" if WordPress did (only the internet breaking could do that), a vast and important part of it would disappear. So it's fair to say it's the most important software powering the web.
( Yes, I've compared it to other software.)

On December 3, 2017 3:11:33 PM EST, Michael Pagan <michael.pagan@member.fsf.org> wrote:

On 3 Dec 2017 at 17:29, "John F. Melone" <johnfmelone@gmail.com> wrote:
 WordPress is by far the most important software powering the Internet
 <SNIP>

How is WordPress the most important software powering the Internet?  If
people stop using it, will the internet stop working?

This is an honest question, as I'm curious if you've compared WordPress
with other software-- not saying that WordPress is bad, by the way.

Perhaps a more honest statement would have been: "WordPress is one of
the most important software for publishing websites onto the internet."
That would be more agreeable.

Truthfully