* Imagine rms gets a new computer, what manufacturer's model does rms get?...
@ 2017-12-14  2:48 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2017-12-14  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss, dsaklad

Imagine rms gets a new computer, what manufacturer's model does rms get?...

* Re: Imagine rms gets a new computer, what manufacturer's model does rms get?...
@ 2017-12-14  2:51 ` Kurtis Hanna
From: Kurtis Hanna @ 2017-12-14  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

My best guess would be a Technoethical T400s
https://tehnoetic.com/tet-t400s

Don Saklad:

@ 2017-12-15  1:09 ` Thomas Harding
From: Thomas Harding @ 2017-12-15  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Le 14 décembre 2017 03:48:53 GMT+01:00, Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org> a écrit :
>Imagine rms gets a new computer, what manufacturer's model does rms
>get?...

At least a RYF enlisted model (if I remain correctly my readings, that's currently the case) :

https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom

Most are refurbished models with numerous changes to ensure compliance, including libreboot. Each time a large development effort.

If anyone has a list of complete Free Hardware Design computers, that could help to guess (each time I dig, having false positives).

Regards,
T.H.

--
Je suis née pour partager, non la haine, mais l'amour.
         Sophocle, Antigone, 442 av. J.C.