* Visiting LibrePlanet from Aurora, IL - USA
@ 2018-03-08 10:21 Nelson
From: Nelson @ 2018-03-08 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Hi LibrePlanet people,

My name is Nelson Marquez. I'm 22 years old. Originally from Venezuela, living in Illinois since September 2016.

I've been using GNU/Linux for the past two or three years. I do my best to keep myself up-to-date with what's going on in the FLOSS community - use FLOSS applications on my phone and advocate for free software when possible.

I'd love to attend LibrePlanet 2018 and for the first time, get to see Richard Stallman alive. I also would love to be part of other talks in the conference, interact with FLOSS enthusiasts like me and get 'cool' FLOSS swag, if doable. (Read: if pocket allows me to.)

As usual, money is an issue. I still haven't purchased flight tickets and doing my best to allocate funds for proceeding. I'm looking for friendly, easygoing hosts who would spare a couch for me since Friday March 23rd until Sunday the 25th. (Read: I'd sleep in Friday and Saturday night only.)

As for food, I'd get by as my budget allows - no big deal. Fortunately, I've been a FSF member since 2016 - when I was just landing in the US and that entitles me for free entrance at LibrePlanet. Yay!

Looking forward to hear from any friendly person in Boston, MA.
Nelson M.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-08 13:32 UTC | newest]