unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
* I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01  3:22 Carlos O'Donell
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-03-01  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer, GNU C Library, Joseph S. Myers, Andreas Schwab

Community,

I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.

Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.

Any objections?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 11:56 ` Adhemerval Zanella
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2019-03-01 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

On 01/03/2019 00:22, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>
> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>
> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>
> Any objections?

LGTM.

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 16:43 ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2019-03-01 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, Florian Weimer, GNU C Library,
	Joseph S. Myers, Andreas Schwab

On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>
> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>
> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>
> Any objections?

WHAT?! NO! I OBJECT!!!

On a serious note, it might make sense to automatically consider authors
of subsystems as maintainers of that subsystem.

Siddhesh

PS: The objection was a joke in case that wasn't obvious.  Florian is
the best candidate to be the support/ subsystem maintainer IMO.

PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
maintainership if nobody objects.

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 16:46   ` Jonathan Nieder
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jonathan Nieder @ 2019-03-01 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell, Florian Weimer, GNU C Library,

Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>>
>> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
>> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>>
>> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
>> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>>
>> Any objections?

No objection from me: he's been taking good care of that code.

[...]
> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

Sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Jonathan

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 16:49     ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 2019-03-01 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Nieder
  Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Carlos O'Donell, Florian Weimer,
	GNU C Library, Joseph S. Myers, Andreas Schwab

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
> >> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
> >>
> >> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> >> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
> >>
> >> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> >> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
> >>
> >> Any objections?
>
> No objection from me: he's been taking good care of that code.
>
> [...]
> > PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> > touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> > maintainership if nobody objects.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Me too.  Appreciate it.

--
H.J.

* Siddhesh as the tunables maintainer (was: Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.)
@ 2019-03-01 16:51   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2019-03-01 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell, GNU C Library, Joseph S. Myers,
	Andreas Schwab

* Siddhesh Poyarekar:

> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

Sounds fine, please update MAINTAINERS on the wiki.

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 16:53   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-03-01 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Florian Weimer, GNU C Library,

On 3/1/19 11:43 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

No objection ;-)

As mentioned, please update MAINTAINERS.

c.

* Re: Siddhesh as the tunables maintainer (was: Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.)
@ 2019-03-01 17:14     ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 2019-03-01 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer
  Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Carlos O'Donell, GNU C Library,

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:52 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:

> * Siddhesh Poyarekar:
>
> > PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> > touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> > maintainership if nobody objects.
>
> Sounds fine, please update MAINTAINERS on the wiki.

Me too.

--
H.J.

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-01 22:10 ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2019-03-01 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: Florian Weimer, GNU C Library, Andreas Schwab

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

I support this nomination.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-01 22:26   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2019-03-01 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: libc-alpha

Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> writes:
> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.

I've been touching that code recently.  I'll take responsibility for it
(no, not asking for maintainership, just easing your conscience ;)

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-02  4:37     ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2019-03-02  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: libc-alpha

On 02/03/19 3:56 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> writes:
>> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
>> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.
>
> I've been touching that code recently.  I'll take responsibility for it
> (no, not asking for maintainership, just easing your conscience ;)

Yay, thanks!  Please add yourself as reviewer then :)

Siddhesh

@ 2019-03-02 15:19 ` Rafal Luzynski
From: Rafal Luzynski @ 2019-03-02 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, Florian Weimer, GNU C Library,

1.03.2019 04:22 Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
> [...]
> Any objections?

No objections for this nomination and neither for other nominations
mentioned in this thread, for what it's worth.  Good luck Florian,
Siddhesh, and DJ.

Regards,

Rafal

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-02 19:47   ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2019-03-02 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafal Luzynski, Carlos O'Donell, Florian Weimer,

Rafal Luzynski wrote:

> No objections for this nomination and neither for other nominations
> mentioned in this thread, for what it's worth.  Good luck Florian,
> Siddhesh, and DJ.

Likewise. Thanks for volunteering.

* Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
@ 2019-03-04 21:40       ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2019-03-04 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: libc-alpha

Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> writes:
> Yay, thanks!  Please add yourself as reviewer then :)

Done!  Enjoy the heavy sigh of relief ;-)

(also added myself to malloc, because... duh)