unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
* dlinfo for the calling shared library
@ 2019-07-10 13:06 Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2019-07-10 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library

Do we have a supported way to make dlinfo() queries for the shared
library from which the call originates, without the library having to
know its own soname?  (If it knows its own soname, it can call dlopen
on itself, but I'm looking into a scenario where that information is
not available.)

A library can retrieve its own "base address" using dladdr(), but it
is not clear to me whether that is the same thing as the handle
expected by dlsym and dlinfo.

zw