unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
* glibc nptl/tst-cancelx18 test fails with GCC 9.2 on Arm 32-bit
@ 2019-09-05 13:24 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2019-09-05 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, gcc

I think since the upgrade to GCC 9.2 in Fedora, the glibc test
nptl/tst-cancelx18 (which is built with -fexceptions) fails on the Arm
32-bit architecture (and only there).  I'm not 100% certain that it's
caused by the GCC update, but the patterns of failures and passes
strongly suggests that.

I don't know the proper name for the exact 32-bit Arm variant Fedora
uses.  Its armv7 with hardware floating point, I think.

I'm trying to get a lab machine to debug this further, but in the past,
that was difficult.

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: glibc nptl/tst-cancelx18 test fails with GCC 9.2 on Arm 32-bit
@ 2019-09-05 13:36 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2019-09-05 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: gcc

* Florian Weimer:

> I think since the upgrade to GCC 9.2 in Fedora, the glibc test
> nptl/tst-cancelx18 (which is built with -fexceptions) fails on the Arm
> 32-bit architecture (and only there).  I'm not 100% certain that it's
> caused by the GCC update, but the patterns of failures and passes
> strongly suggests that.
>
> I don't know the proper name for the exact 32-bit Arm variant Fedora
> uses.  Its armv7 with hardware floating point, I think.
>
> I'm trying to get a lab machine to debug this further, but in the past,
> that was difficult.

Upon second thought, this must be something else, unrelated to the GCC
9.2 update.

Thanks,
Florian