* public-inbox for individual mail
@ 2019-03-13  0:07 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2019-03-13  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

An idea I've had in the back of my mind for a while is becoming
an email service provider for people who want another address
for contributing to Free Software projects.

Additional private metadata on top of current public-inbox:

* read/tagged/flagged/folder status of each mail

That's it.  The messages themselves would be public to all;
but the extra flags can be private.

There'd be spam and HTML rejection on outgoing SMTP/IMAP;
and IMAP/POP3/Web-based read-access (along with incoming
spam filters).

IMAP means messages would have to belong to separate
folders and movable/copy-able; but the messages would
still be stored in git.

This would be totally interoperable with all existing
mailing lists, mail servers, and software.

only message in thread, back to index