* segfolts when using -t mp3 -
@ 2021-05-08 19:11 илья пащук
From: илья пащук @ 2021-05-08 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

hello

I'm passing to sox commandline like this:

sox -e signed-integer -b 16 -c 1 -r 44100 -t raw - -C 64 -t mp3 -

stdout is connected to the normal os file, not to any pipe

so seeking is available and sox can work with this file by the same way
which it can use to normal file passed as command line argument.

but I'm getting segfolt.

nothing errors when using -t wav - or if I use -t mp3 somefile.mp3

sox:      SoX v14.4.2

* Re: segfolts when using -t mp3 -
@ 2021-05-09 20:30 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2021-05-09 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: илья пащук
  Cc: sox-users

илья пащук <ilusha.paschuk@gmail.com> writes:

> hello
>
> I'm passing to sox commandline like this:
>
> sox -e signed-integer -b 16 -c 1 -r 44100 -t raw - -C 64 -t mp3 -
>
> stdout is connected to the normal os file, not to any pipe
>
> so seeking is available and sox can work with this file by the same way
> which it can use to normal file passed as command line argument.
>
> but I'm getting segfolt.
>
> nothing errors when using -t wav - or if I use -t mp3 somefile.mp3

I have fixed the crash, but a less obvious bug still remains.

--
Måns Rullgård