* raxw file to wav batch
@ 2019-02-17 20:59 jog//hurt via Sox-users
From: jog//hurt via Sox-users @ 2019-02-17 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users; +Cc: jog//hurt

i'm new to the use of sox i have install it on windows 10 64bits i want
to put some files which are none sounds(rom of snes etc) to wav 16 bits
mono 44.1 what can i do with sox(if you have advice welcome).

can i tranlate to wav a batch from a folder and his sub folders

sorry for dumb questions

thanks in advance for your answers

ju/datetck

* Re: raxw file to wav batch
@ 2019-02-17 21:25 ` Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users
From: Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users @ 2019-02-17 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ML - sox-users

On 2019-02-17 20:59, jog//hurt via Sox-users wrote:
> i'm new to the use of sox i have install it on windows 10 64bits i want
> to put some files which are none sounds(rom of snes etc) to wav 16 bits
> mono 44.1 what can i do with sox(if you have advice welcome).

Please explain more clearly what you mean by

   files which are none sounds(rom of snes etc)

and in your subject, what is "raxw"?

Have you read the manual (a separate pdf file)?

> can i tranlate to wav a batch from a folder and his sub folders

It's best to get the conversion to work on a single file first
before looking for ways to process lots of files.

I don't know if there are ways to get sox to process multiple files,
but even if there are, I wouldn't do it that way.  I'd use a script
to issue the sox commands, and then I'd have better control over
what to do if a sox command doesn't work.

So I'd expect you to be able to use batch/command/powershell (or
perhaps something like perl or python) to script the process... but
you still need to understand what the sox command(s) are doing.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own