My first intuition on this would be to have your continuous a/d process pipe to some custom process (not sox), which simply takes a binary stream on stdin and creates a continuous series of data files on disk of equal length (e.g. 20 minutes worth of samples, or whatever seems like a good interval), using some reasonable template pattern for file names. Then, there'd be a separate process (running continuously) that scans for new files at regular intervals, and runs sox on each new file, converting it from raw to whatever format you want as a final product. Dave Graff ________________________________ From: Eyob Yirdaw via Sox-users Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 1:04:12 PM To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net Cc: Eyob Yirdaw Subject: [SoX-users] Recording in chunks using sox Hi all, I want to record 24/7 transmission of FM radios using DVB-T dongles. I want to direct the input audio from some dongle to sox, eg. something like rtl_fm -f 88.8M -d 0 -M wbfm | sox -r 32k -t s16 - -t ogg device_0.ogg here am using the rtl_fm terminal program. Can sox help me save the continuous FM audio that comes from rtl_fm to be saved in some time length chunks, say 10 minute long chunks? It means that sox would write to disc every 10 minutes. Thanks for any help!