* How to chose input with sox + coreaudio with the same name
@ 2021-07-02  8:29 Alexandre Grais
From: Alexandre Grais @ 2021-07-02  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

Hello team !

I have two audio sound card on my Mac which have exactly the same names:
[AVFoundation indev @ 0x7fd3fca04dc0] AVFoundation audio devices:
[AVFoundation indev @ 0x7fd3fca04dc0] [0] MacBook Pro Microphone
[AVFoundation indev @ 0x7fd3fca04dc0] [1] Hue Sync Audio
[AVFoundation indev @ 0x7fd3fca04dc0] [2] USB Audio Device
[AVFoundation indev @ 0x7fd3fca04dc0] [3] USB Audio Device

I can record on one of those using the following command:
sox -t coreaudio "USB Audio Device" toto.wav -V6

But I have no idea how to tell sox to go and record on the second input
which has the same name.

Any suggestions?

*Alexandre Grais - kapptivate*
*Website: http://www.kapptivate.com <http://www.kapptivate.com>*