* Reversing earlier conversion
@ 2017-08-29 16:09 Sebastian Thörn
From: Sebastian Thörn @ 2017-08-29 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

Hello, i found an old script that converted some files that i think was in
wav,
I'd like to convert them back.
The files now has the ending pcm64a if that helps.

this is the script:
sox "$src" -t raw -r 8000 -c1 -A "$dst" resample -ql
I think this was for sox: Version 12.18.1

what would be the "reverse" version of this in a current version of sox?

Br
Sebastian

* Re: Reversing earlier conversion
@ 2017-08-30 11:38 ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2017-08-30 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

On Aug 29 18:09:56, elefantungen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, i found an old script that converted some files that i think was in
> wav,
> I'd like to convert them back.

Why?

It may not be entirely possible, in the sense of
getting back the exact copy of what you had before.
(On the other hand, just slapping a WAV header to them is trivial.)

> The files now has the ending pcm64a if that helps.

That's not any of the formats mentioned in soxformat(7),
but the person who named them so probably meant to indicate
the format with that suffix. Probably PCM, maybe 64kbps,
using the a-law encoding? (this is entirely speculation of course.)

> this is the script:
> sox "$src" -t raw -r 8000 -c1 -A "$dst" resample -ql
> I think this was for sox: Version 12.18.1

That is definitely not the entire script.
Post the whole thing if you want people to know
what your script actually did.

If the script worked, the $src must have been some
self-describing format; the output is a one-channel, 8kHz
stream of "-A" samples - the "-A" option is no longer present in SoX,
but I believe it meant A-law in the 12.x.y days

> what would be the "reverse" version of this in a current version of sox?

Without knowing what the original format was, and what exactly
the script did to it, what does this question even mean?

	Jan