* merging files in a pls file and trying to normalize the output file
@ 2015-08-20  7:53 RT
From: RT @ 2015-08-20  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users

What I'm trying to do.

1) I'm trying to merge files in a pls file
2) Then normalize the output file to -3db but an error occurs
the commands I used are below.  I can get it to merge fine with

*sox -m mergefiles.pls output.wav*
but when I try to add the commands to normalize the output file to -3db
using the statement below

*sox -m mergefiles.pls output.wav gain −n −3*

I get

sox FAIL gain: usage: [-e|-b|-B|-r] [-n] [-l|-h] [gain-dB]

-e Equalise channels: peak to that with max peak;

-B Balance channels: rms to that with max rms; no clip protection

-b Balance channels: rms to that with max rms; clip protection

Note -Bn = -bn

-r Reclaim headroom (as much as possible without clipping); see -h

-n Norm file to 0dBfs(output precision); gain-dB, if present, usually <0

-l Use simple limiter

-h Apply attenuation for headroom for subsequent effects; gain-dB, if

present, is subject to reclaim by a subsequent gain -r

gain-dB Apply gain in dB

* Re: merging files in a pls file and trying to normalize the output file
@ 2015-08-21  6:54 ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2015-08-21  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users

On Aug 20 03:53:07, ratulloch@gmail.com wrote:
> What I'm trying to do.
>
> 1) I'm trying to merge files in a pls file

Show us the content of the pls file

@ 2015-08-21  7:37   ` RT
From: RT @ 2015-08-21  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users