* libsox.html, sox_open_read, const*encoding
@ 2015-12-06  1:02 Peter Billam
From: Peter Billam @ 2015-12-06  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users

Greetings :-) I seem to be embarked on a Lua module interfacing
to the libsox API.  In sox.sourceforge.net/libsox.html it says:
  This manual page is both incomplete and out of date.
for example I notice that it gives:
  sox_format_t sox_open_read(const char *path,
   const sox_signalinfo_t *info, const char *filetype);
whereas my gcc doesn't like that, and my /usr/include/sox.h gives:
  sox_open_read( char const * path, sox_signalinfo_t const * signal,
    sox_encodinginfo_t const * encoding, char const * filetype);
The sox_encodinginfo_t mentions:
  typedef struct sox_encodinginfo_t {
    sox_encoding_t encoding; /**< format of sample numbers */
    unsigned bits_per_sample;/**< 0 if unknown or variable;
       uncompressed value if lossless; compressed value if lossy */
    double compression;      /**< compression factor (where applicable) */
but it's not clear to me how these parameters relate to each other,
or what the uncompressed value of an unsigned integer is as distinct
from its compressed value.

So to avoid me pestering the list, it might be helpful if someone,
if possible, could go through libsox.html sometime ...

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj@pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-12-06  1:19 UTC | newest]