Hello, I’m using sox to record the audio produced by the system (i.e. from the OS and other running apps), but the recordings sound very quiet. I first create a virtual input/output device using Blackhole (https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole/ ) or Loopback (https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/ ). I then start playback of a file using iTunes, and start recording thus: rec --rate 44100 --channels 2 --no dither test-output.aiff (Note that this spits out the following error messages: rec WARN formats: can't set sample rate 44100; using 48000 rec WARN formats: can't set 2 channels; using 16 However, test-output.aiff ends up being a stereo file at 44.1 kHz) test-output.aiff properly records system audio, but the mean amplitude is about half the mean amplitude of the original sounds I played back. Any thoughts? Thanks Ariel