The mega links works - just tried it myself. These are the original left and right wav samples and the stereo (sox generated) file together with the bat file used. https://mega.nz/#!oYYlARqQ!HMwkzCuDoFjBQvUwEFJjnrDbuJrN5kQ6ptKlEV5QWng On 09/12/2016 14:51, Jan Stary wrote: > On Dec 08 14:36:54, marcusfb@gmail.com wrote: >> Loops are markers that allow appropriate software to keep sounding a note >> (recorded sample) played digitally on a MIDI keyboard for as long as the >> note is held down even though the recorded sample may be of only a few >> seconds' duration. >> >> The release marker is placed in the point where the note is released in the >> actual recorded sample and where the sounds starts to fade away. The >> software needs to know that moment especially if there are multiple releases >> available for that note that would represent "staccato", "portato" and >> longer held notes. This exercise renders more realism when recorded samples >> are played from a "sampleset" loaded in software like jOrgan, GrandOrgue and >> Hauptwerk. > This would be a perfect beginning of your original post. > Now I understand why you need to preserve them: you are building > and actual sample library to be used with MIDI. Indeed, attack > and sustain and release and decay are indisposable. > >> Picture (42kB): >> https://mega.nz/#!dQIwkDKI!QlrmlYHywFqpG9ujJfJLBm_1skxaYz88AJJJy4Euxs0 > An error occurred while loading MEGA. > Filename: :0 > Exception: out of memory > Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience > >> In the example demonstated there is no release marker as the "tail" of the >> waveform was removed and saved as a separate file. So the end of a loops >> would be the release marker in such instances. >> >> Clearly from this picture loops and markers were not retained in the merger >> using sox though the exercise was purely a simple exercise without any >> frills of extra codes. > I don't have the picture, but I thnik I can picture it. > How is a piece of audio software (a clickwty editor) > expected to display a waveform with cue points such as release? > Especially if there is more than one possible release point? > > Can you please post some of the original files (that do have > the markers) so that we make actually look at them? > > Jan > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors > Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms. > With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE. > Training and support from Colfax. > Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi > _______________________________________________ > Sox-users mailing list > Sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users > --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus