From: Ariel Elkin <ariel@arivibes.com>
To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: System audio recording have very low amplitude
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:30:53 +0100

> What OS are you using? (I see from those links that the apps are MacOS, which I know nothing about. Someone else might do; also what version?)

I’m using macOS 10.15

> Does MacOS have an internal audio mixer that determines the levels of sound from various apps and how they go to other devices?
No exactly, but there’s an app (Audio MIDI Setup) which will allow you to set the input/output volume and sample rate of your audio hardware. I’ve checked there already and ensured that the input/output volume of Loopback and BlackHole were at 1.

Can someone clarify if this command

rec test-output.aiff

could do any implicit gain attenuation? It’s not clear from the documentation.

Thanks

Ariel