On 08.12.2016 12:45, Peter P. wrote: > * Dr. Mark Bugeja MD [2016-12-08 12:00]: >> If Sox does not preserve loops and cues yet.... then please add that to the >> wish list. It would be very handy for several people doing serious digital >> sound processing. :-) > I was thinking about the problem of markers in the file headers when > mixing files together, as Dr. Mark is trying to do. What if the > markers in the left channel and the right channel are not completely > identical? I think this is a more complicated task than just copying > input file markers to the output file when mixing. Hi, in that case I would propose to issue a warning and copy the markers from one source - this can be achieved without understanding the markers. A more elaborate solution could use both markers, but ommit markers which are too close together. This, however requires extracting and understanding the information of the markers. regards, Erich