From: Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users <jn.ml.sxu.88@wingsandbeaks.org.uk>
To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: using ladspa plugins
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:12:52 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2020-06-16 15:41, Andrey Trofimov wrote:
> Hello!
> I am using ubuntu on windows and I managed to install some ladspa
> plugins (i think), but I can’t figure out how to use them. Manual says
> that  “The first argument is the plugin module, the second the name of
> the plugin”, but how can I know the name of the module, there is no
> info on that anywhere.

If it isn't a stupid questions, why would you try to run sox under
ubuntu on windows (if that's what you mean) rather than just run the
Windows version of sox?  Surely running sox under the host OS is
simpler?

Secondly, you say you maybe managed to install some ladspa plugins.
Surely you know whether you did or you didn't?

What did you do, under which OS, to install them?   Did you use a
package manager under ubuntu?  Surely if you did there are commands
in ubuntu which will tell you what was installed and where to?

Or did you just manually download some files?  And do something with
them?  If so, what files, from where, and what did you do with them?

If you can't say what you did, nor whether it seemed to work, it's
going to be hard for anyone else to tell you what to do.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own