* stream not accessible with play
@ 2020-04-22 12:16 Florian Wille
From: Florian Wille @ 2020-04-22 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

Hey there,
I am trying to play this Stream with play on a Debian Buster:
http://176.31.123.212:8192/listen.pls
which points to
http://176.31.123.212:8192/chromanova.fm_8192
I tried with '-t mp3' option, no luck. I keeps frying up my console. VLC
an other players work, but sox play won't though it can play other
Streams for me just fine.
Somone an Idea how sox play could play this Stream?
Regards
Florian

* Re: stream not accessible with play
@ 2020-04-22 19:10 ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2020-04-22 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

On Apr 22 14:16:03, f-wille@gmx.de wrote:
> Hey there,
> I am trying to play this Stream with play on a Debian Buster:
> http://176.31.123.212:8192/listen.pls
> which points to
> http://176.31.123.212:8192/chromanova.fm_8192
> I tried with '-t mp3' option, no luck.

As far as mplayer can tell, it's an AAC stream.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding

> I keeps frying up my console.

Meaning what?

> VLC an other players work,

What do they say about the detected format?

> but sox play won't though it can play other
> Streams for me just fine.

I don't think Sox supports the AAC format.

(It used to, via ffmpeg, which was thrown away a long time ago.
http://sox.sourceforge.net/Docs/Features has not been updated though.)

	Jan