From: Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz>
To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: remove known sample from audio
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 20:35:39 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sep 26 20:16:51, hans@stare.cz wrote:
> > I am able to remove the spill in this
> > specific case (with outstanding results)
> > for example for mic1.wav with commands
> > sox mic2.wav mic2id.wav pad 0.0115 0 vol -0.13
> > sox -m -v 1 mic1.wav -v 1 mic2id.wav mic1clean.wav stat
> > i.e. by inverting the other mic and mixing that _at suitable_ point in time
> > and suitable power to the signal to be cleaned.

343 * 0.0115 = 3.9445, so was the drums about 4 meters from the bass mic?

I tried fiddling with the constants you found.
For example, shifting the vol from -0.13 by steps of 0.01 to -0.19
(the rest of the process being the same) becomes almost as bad as
the original problem rather rapidly. So the "peak" on the scale
of volume-candidates should be quite sharp.

Even more so for the delay (not surprisingly): both 0.0114 and 0.0116
already sound no good. So the scale for the delay candidates should be
at least as fine as 0.0001, and the peak should again be sharp.

Jan