* Re: Post to sox-devel@public-inbox.org denied: Re: how to interpret tell_off, and the right way to use sox_seek
       [not found] <1510049155-26818-mlmmj-0860bf8a@public-inbox.org>
@ 2017-11-07 15:12 ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2017-11-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel, sox-users

Sorry for crossposting, but whoever's running the public-inbox.org mirror,
please get it fixed.

	Jan

* Re: [SoX-devel] Post to sox-devel@public-inbox.org denied: Re: how to interpret tell_off, and the right way to use sox_seek
@ 2017-11-07 18:14   ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2017-11-07 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel; +Cc: sox-users

Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
> Sorry for crossposting, but whoever's running the public-inbox.org mirror,
> please get it fixed.

Sorry, though I'm not sure what's tripping up mlmmj for you.
I'll disable mlmmj for this list since it wasn't used anyways...

Was that the only bounce you've seen, lately?
I don't think anybody else has been affected, lately.

But the HTTPS mirrors at https://public-inbox.org/sox-devel/ should
remain up.

@ 2017-11-07 20:41     ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2017-11-07 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel; +Cc: sox-users

On Nov 07 18:14:23, normalperson@yhbt.net wrote:
> Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
> > Sorry for crossposting, but whoever's running the public-inbox.org mirror,
> > please get it fixed.
>
> Sorry, though I'm not sure what's tripping up mlmmj for you.
> I'll disable mlmmj for this list since it wasn't used anyways...
>
> Was that the only bounce you've seen, lately?

Yes.

But I have inly been posting to sox-users lately,
this was the inly post to sox-devel.

> But the HTTPS mirrors at https://public-inbox.org/sox-devel/ should
> remain up.

The mirror at
https://marc.info/?l=sox-users&r=1&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=sox-devel&r=1&w=2
is very reliable and the interface sucks way less.

@ 2017-11-08  0:47       ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2017-11-08  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel, sox-users

Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
> On Nov 07 18:14:23, normalperson@yhbt.net wrote:
> > But the HTTPS mirrors at https://public-inbox.org/sox-devel/ should
> > remain up.
>
> The mirror at
> https://marc.info/?l=sox-users&r=1&w=2
> https://marc.info/?l=sox-devel&r=1&w=2
> is very reliable and the interface sucks way less.

More mirrors is better for redundancy (some git developers
thought gmane would last forever, too).  If you have ideas to
improve the UI without increasing hardware requirements for
clients or servers I'd be happy to hear them at meta@public-inbox.org

And the code + raw archives are totally forkable, too; since UI
is mostly subjective and everybody has different tastes.