* Q about stat / stats effect
@ 2015-04-15 14:09 unosonic
From: unosonic @ 2015-04-15 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: SoxList

hello,
long time user first time poster here...

my question is about the stat and stats effects.
first, is there any way or plan to make the output of stats
more machine readable? csv or tab delimited or similar?
I'm trying to create a little php sox class, mainly for
analyzing audio files. it's quite messy to parse...
stat is easier to handle, but less sophisticated, so I
want to use the best of both.

second, is there a relation between the values of the stat
and stats output, which indicates clipping or saturated audio
reliably?

e.g., from these example, I'd assume "bad" audio. However,
the relation between min/max, crest/flat and pk is not so
obvious as it seems.

stat:
Maximum amplitude:     0.999969
Minimum amplitude:    -1.000000
Volume adjustment:     1.000

stats:
Min level  -1.000000
Max level   0.999969
Pk lev dB       0.00
RMS lev dB     -4.77
RMS Pk dB      -4.57
RMS Tr dB      -5.02
Crest factor    1.73
Flat factor     0.00
Pk count          87

any ideas appreciated, thanks, uno

* number of peaks / clipping?
@ 2015-05-21 10:16 ` unosonic
From: unosonic @ 2015-05-21 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users

hello,

conversion of bad audio sometimes gives
"output clipped 5695 samples; decrease volume?" etc.

is there a way to get this info programmatically, i.e.
with an option (which I maybe havn't found yet)?

thanks, u.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y

* Re: number of peaks / clipping?
@ 2015-05-23 12:55   ` unosonic
From: unosonic @ 2015-05-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sox-users

ok. a combination of stat/stats effect should do.
wrapped it into a php cmdline script, if you're interested:
http://pastebin.com/N3viULT7

--u

unosonic: