I cannot give any more information on where the loops and markers are. They are created using audio software. It does not matter if SoX would not include features like these. I thought I'd make my perfectly legitimate request.... I tried. I'll just have to be patient and do the job manually. Thanks everyone for your interaction in trying to solve my difficulty. SoX was recommended to me by a friend with whom I create samplesets. I took up that recommendation but clearly this is not the software I need, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. At least I got as far as merging two files using a bat process. Re-creating loops and markers and checking each is as much of a task as the process at hand so might as well just get on with it. Best wishes to all, Mark On 08/12/2016 20:58, fmiser wrote: >>>> Dr. Mark Bugeja wrote: >>>> >>>> If Sox does not preserve loops and cues yet.... then please >>>> add that to the wish list. It would be very handy for several >>>> people doing serious digital sound processing. :-) > Keep in mind, SoX is used by a lot of us for a lot of > different tasks. The one task you are wanting to us it for > (joint two mono files into a stereo file) is a very tiny piece > of what SoX can do. >>> Peter wrote: >>> >>> I was thinking about the problem of markers in the file >>> headers when mixing files together, as Dr. Mark is trying to >>> do. What if the markers in the left channel and the right >>> channel are not completely identical? I think this is a more >>> complicated task than just copying input file markers to the >>> output file when mixing. >> Dr. wrote: >> They are *identical*... > In _your_ case, they are identical. But a SoX effect or > function can't be added just for _your_ case. At least, not > if it doesn't behave well for other cases. > >> ... and most probably created > So what should SoX do if it happens to be something other than > "most probably"? SoX is good partly because it does work so > predictably even when doing odd or unusual things. >> The separation must have been done after to accommodate >> for Hauptwerk software's special features. > Again - in your case. There is no guarantee, or even a high > probability, that other people and other files would be the > same situation. > > Something like "preserving loops and cues" has the potential for > being tricky for the reasons Peter wrote. Then, as Jeremy pointed > out, they may be in a sidecar file and not in the audio file > itself. > > Have you tested the stereo file you made using SoX? Are the > markers intact? If so, your situation is resolved. If not - > maybe there is a way to copy the info from one of the mono > files to the stereo file. > > But so far, I haven't seen from you what these "loops and > cues" are. You described how you use them - but is it in the > header? If so, where? If not the header, then where is it? > Is it in a sidecar file like Jeremy described? > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors > Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms. > With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE. > Training and support from Colfax. > Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi > _______________________________________________ > Sox-users mailing list > Sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-users > --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus