* SoX syntax for trim with piped output
       [not found] <e511a8fe-17ee-700f-2a36-97ae30d6a58f.ref@verizon.net>
@ 2020-05-11 22:34 ` David H. Durgee via Sox-users
From: David H. Durgee via Sox-users @ 2020-05-11 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users; +Cc: David H. Durgee

I am working on an application of SoX that I want to include a trim
effect but have been unable to figure out the syntax with this case.
The command line (in a shell script) without the trim is:

sox "$1" -t wav - -- | aplay

I have tried adding trim $offset offset various places and get errors
for each, although the errors vary.  What is the appropriate place for
me to put trim $offset in this command line?  In case it matters this is
SoX v14.4.1 and it is a binary on a platform for which I cannot provide
an alternative version.

Dave

[-- Attachment #1.2: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature --]

* Re: SoX syntax for trim with piped output
@ 2020-05-12  9:59   ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2020-05-12  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David H. Durgee via Sox-users

"David H. Durgee via Sox-users" <sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
writes:

> I am working on an application of SoX that I want to include a trim
> effect but have been unable to figure out the syntax with this case.
> The command line (in a shell script) without the trim is:
>
> sox "$1" -t wav - -- | aplay
>
> I have tried adding trim $offset offset various places and get errors
> for each, although the errors vary.  What is the appropriate place for
> me to put trim $offset in this command line?  In case it matters this is
> SoX v14.4.1 and it is a binary on a platform for which I cannot provide
> an alternative version.

The trim effect, like any other, goes after the output file.  In your
command above, it should be where the "--" is.

--
Måns Rullgård

* Re: SoX syntax for trim with piped output
@ 2020-05-12 18:46     ` David H. Durgee via Sox-users
From: David H. Durgee via Sox-users @ 2020-05-12 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Måns Rullgård, David H. Durgee via Sox-users; +Cc: David H. Durgee