* How do I create an equalizer curve using sox
@ 2020-08-14  9:21 derek_web
From: derek_web @ 2020-08-14  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

I have been shown how to filter a noisy audio track using Audacity. Audacity
forum link here <https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=112521>

Audacity accepts python script commands however not for the crucial noise
reduction function. I have looked for a command line tool to do this process
and SoX appears to be suitable.

The 1st step in Audacity is to apply the following: Effect > Filter Curve >
Manage > Factory Presets > Telephone Filter

Reading the SoX manual - SoX does not provide a filter curve. SoX does
however provide this.

equalizer frequency[k] width[q|o|h|k] gain

Apply a two-pole peaking equalisation (EQ) filter. With this filter, the
signal-level at and around a

selected frequency can be increased or decreased, whilst (unlike band-pass
and band-reject filters)

that at all other frequencies is unchanged.

frequency gives the filter's central frequency in Hz, width, the band-width,
and gain the required

gain or attenuation in dB. Beware of Clipping when using a positive gain.

In order to produce complex equalisation curves, this effect can be given
several times, each with a

different central frequency.

Is this the right SoX function to use? How do I use this function to achieve
the EQ curve?

Regards,

Derek Noffke

PurpleSwift