* recording with sox
@ 2013-04-17 11:40 Alex Kirchner
From: Alex Kirchner @ 2013-04-17 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

Sox is real switch-pocket knife, many options and i have the following
problem.

I want to start sox and sox have to record until  I stopped to speak
(silence) and then sox have to  automatically stopped (exit the program)

I start the record but I don't know how long it takes .

can I implement this with sox?

thanks for your help!

Alex.Kirchner

* Re: recording with sox
@ 2013-04-17 18:52 ` Jan Stary
From: Jan Stary @ 2013-04-17 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users

On Apr 17 13:40:22, akirchner.hal@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to start sox and sox have to record until  I stopped to speak
> (silence) and then sox have to  automatically stopped (exit the program)
> I start the record but I don't know how long it takes .
> can I implement this with sox?

Yes.

SoX has an excelent manual page - see the 'silence' effect.
Then try the following and tweak it to your needs.

	rec file.wav silence 0 1 00:00:05 1%

* Recording with SoX
@ 2020-08-14 10:08 Marco Bandiera via Sox-users
From: Marco Bandiera via Sox-users @ 2020-08-14 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-users; +Cc: Marco Bandiera

How can I record from the optical S/PDIF input (only available via ASIO and
Kernel Streaming) of my external audio interface E-MU 0404usb with SoX and
Windows XP?

Thank you very much.

Please find enclosed a simple Excel file to draw the combined frequency
response of SoX equalizer, bass and treble effects.

Regards.

Marco Bandiera

Via Martin Luther King, 38

40054 Budrio (BO)

Italy

[-- Attachment #2: Draw SoX Equalizer.xlsx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet, Size: 27825 bytes --]

* Re: Recording with SoX
@ 2020-08-14 13:30 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2020-08-14 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Bandiera via Sox-users

Marco Bandiera via Sox-users <sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net> writes:

> How can I record from the optical S/PDIF input (only available via ASIO and
> Kernel Streaming) of my external audio interface E-MU 0404usb with SoX and
> Windows XP?

If isn't accessible using the 'waveaudio' driver in SoX, there is no
way.  Sorry.

--
Måns Rullgård