sox-devel@lists.sourceforge.net unofficial mirror
* Build systems
@ 2020-08-02 14:21 Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2020-08-02 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel

In the SoX tree, there are currently support files for autotools, CMake,
and two ancient versiona of Visual Studio.

Out of the box, the CMake build fails, but with the right options it
completes successfully, for now.  The Visual Studio projects are almost
certainly broken.

Maintaining multiple build systems seems to me like an unnecessary
burden.  I am therefore tempted to simply delete all but the autotools
based one.  If nobody makes a compelling argument for keeping these
extra build systems, I intend to do this next time a change would
require updating them.

--
Måns Rullgård