sox-devel@lists.sourceforge.net unofficial mirror
* Easy extension for Effects?
@ 2020-06-25 12:58 Claude Warren
From: Claude Warren @ 2020-06-25 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sox-devel

I have spent some time to write an effect that will display the VU meter on
a small (20x2 or 20x4) LCD display.  I know I can compile the entire Sox
project to make it work, but I was wondering if there is a way to compile
an extension separate from the Sox core and have Sox load it at runtime?  I
have been unable to find any documentation that indicates this may be
possible.  A pointer to such documentation or a definitive "no" would be
appreciated.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

* Re: Easy extension for Effects?
@ 2020-07-16 10:31 ` Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2020-07-16 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Claude Warren; +Cc: sox-devel

Claude Warren <claude@xenei.com> writes:

> I have spent some time to write an effect that will display the VU meter on
> a small (20x2 or 20x4) LCD display.  I know I can compile the entire Sox
> project to make it work, but I was wondering if there is a way to compile
> an extension separate from the Sox core and have Sox load it at runtime?  I
> have been unable to find any documentation that indicates this may be
> possible.  A pointer to such documentation or a definitive "no" would be
> appreciated.

You could make it a LADSPA plugin since those are supported.  Other than
that, there is no facility for runtime loading of effects.

--
Måns Rullgård