Hey Guys, Since you are sox developers we thought that you may well be the best people to talk to. We are looking for a small script (perhaps using sox) that scans a raw audio file and applies some modulation to the audio file which amplifies the content at specific points (when the signal is lower than -6db) and continues to do this every time the sound does this throughout its decay. This is to combat 8-bit sample artifacts when creating custom roms for a drum machine. (Alesis HR-16). There is a special ASIC chip in this machine that detects a 6db spike in a waveform and the chip then turns down the gain -6db in essence, by keeping the amplitude of the waveform above the noise floor inherent in an 8-bit audio data you are able to achieve much higher fidelity in short decaying 'drum shot' type sounds. We are a community of enthusiasts for the machine, although none of us could code anything like this. We'd be willing to pay/donate to the project or an individual to knock us up a bit of code to convert this.. A much more in-depth explanation of the process we need to accomplish is written in this post:http://www.burnkit2600.com/diy-sound-roms/ If someone is interested in helping us with this please get back to me! Cheers Brad