I think I need a Jack device driver and I don't see one available, so I think I have to write one. So is there any documentation about how to write a SoX device driver? To back up a bit, I think I need a Jack device driver because I want to take the audio input and record it while also sending it to the output. I don't want SoX to modify the signal going to output. So something like: Input ----+---- output | SoX ---- disk Put differently: Tee the input with one going to output and one going to sox to record to disk. Anybody have either documentation for how to write the device driver or a solution for the problem? Claude -- I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren