I have spent some time to write an effect that will display the VU meter on a small (20x2 or 20x4) LCD display. I know I can compile the entire Sox project to make it work, but I was wondering if there is a way to compile an extension separate from the Sox core and have Sox load it at runtime? I have been unable to find any documentation that indicates this may be possible. A pointer to such documentation or a definitive "no" would be appreciated. Claude -- I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren