Greetings, I have worked out my earlier issues (I think) and am now looking for a way to display the sox status on a small (4x20) lcd screen. I am working on a Raspberry Pi project and want to be able to show the vu meter and other recording information usually presented on the screen during sox execution. My thought is to abstract the display calls into a couple of methods (I have not explored exactly what that looks like yet), take the existing code an move it into the methods and then produce a second implementation for my use case. I am thinking that placing the methods in a library will allow multiple implementations to be developed and a single one selected at link time. Are there any suggestions (or even a "just don't")? I did implement he VU meter as an effect and that works but I thought this might be a better solution. Claude -- I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren