Would the new tool work on strange platforms like pi-zero? On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 10:09 AM Måns Rullgård wrote: > Jan Stary writes: > > > On Aug 02 15:21:55, mans@mansr.com wrote: > >> In the SoX tree, there are currently support files for autotools, CMake, > >> and two ancient versiona of Visual Studio. > >> > >> Out of the box, the CMake build fails, but with the right options it > >> completes successfully, for now. The Visual Studio projects are almost > >> certainly broken. > >> > >> Maintaining multiple build systems seems to me like an unnecessary > >> burden. I am therefore tempted to simply delete all but the autotools > >> based one. If nobody makes a compelling argument for keeping these > >> extra build systems, I intend to do this next time a change would > >> require updating them. > > > > Please do kill the VS build and the CMake build with fire. > > With pleasure, but I'll wait a little while in case someone has a good > reason to keep it. Given the lack of development activity the last few > years, though, I'm quite confident nobody will object. > > > That being said, I would like to replace > > the autotools hell with something like > > https://cvsweb.bsd.lv/mandoc/configure > > - a short, simple ./configure script written by hand, > > as opposed to produced by auto* > > While I'm no fan of autotools, the existing script works. I'll consider > replacements if maintaining it becomes too much of a burden. > > -- > Måns Rullgård > > > _______________________________________________ > SoX-devel mailing list > SoX-devel@lists.sourceforge.net > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sox-devel > -- I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren