sox-devel@lists.sourceforge.net unofficial mirror
* Issues with SoX 14.3.2
@ 2012-06-14 14:32 Pascal Giard
From: Pascal Giard @ 2012-06-14 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: stiltwalker; +Cc: sox developers list

Hi guys,
 I stumbled upon your presentation/application today.

I noticed that you were mentioning issues with SoX 14.3.2.
I'd just like to make sure I get this right:
1) Training was done using SoX < 14.3.2;
2) Using SoX >= 14.3.2 requires retraining to get great accuracy.

Thus, if I get this right, it's a small change in sox's behaviour that
breaks your training.
If my quick scan serves me right, you're using only three effects:
spectrogram, trim and stat.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to isolate the issue if easily possible.

There were modifications to all three of them:
- spectrogram: the "-r" option was added to get raw spectrogram without legend;
- stats: the "-w" option was fixed;
- trim: added support specifying an absolute end location for trim
effect instead only an offset from trim begin location.

The last change is most likely the culprit... trim has been rewritten
in 14.4.0 most notably fixing backward compatibility.

Which brings me to... did you have the chance to try out 14.4.0?
It's available in Debian testing and unstable, and in Ubuntu Quantal.

Congrats for your work and cheers,

-Pascal
--
Homepage (http://organact.mine.nu)
Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)

Live Security Virtual Conference

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-06-14 14:32 UTC | newest]